- BA, Organizational and Interpersonal Communications, Psychology minor – Northeastern University
- MS, Oriental Medicine (high honors) — National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM), Portland Oregon
Continuing Education and Certifications
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Maine, 2005
- Licensed Acupuncturist, North Carolina, 3/2014
- Diplomate in Acupuncture from the National Certification for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 3/2014
- Veda Vinyasa 230-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Heart of Yoga School, 3/2014-2/2015
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training and Intensive with Shala Worsley, 1/2015
- Agatsu Level 1 – Upper and Lower Body Mobility, 9/2016
- Agatsu Level 2 – Upper and Lower Body Mobility, 11/2016
- Agatsu – Indian Club and Mace, 3/2017
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer, 7/2017
Movement has been a major part of Colleen’s personal interests for as long as she remembers. Dancing, yoga, running, and several attempts at learning more from different personal trainers. (And so many big box gyms…)
Joining Legitimate Movement as a founding member, Colleen quickly felt at home with the LM philosophy of positivity, consistency, variety, and whole body approach to fitness and life — ideals she’d long held herself but not found in a gym setting. Within months of our opening, Colleen was proclaiming her interest in becoming a coach for us. She immediately began attending Agatsu courses and studying for her NASM personal trainer certification.
With a background in Classical Chinese medicine, yoga, nutrition, interpersonal communication and psychology, Colleen brings a very diverse skill set to the LM team. She is especially excited to share this knowledge as a coach but also in specialty workshops. (Stay tuned!)
Colleen is the owner and acupuncturist of The Balance Point Acupuncture in Chapel Hill. During her free time, you can find her buried in books, writing, dancing, traveling, and making herself laugh.