- BA, English – University of Georgia
- MA, Information Science (Summa Cum Laude) – North Carolina Central University
Continuing Education and Certifications
- GMB certified trainer
- StrongFirst SFG I and II
- Z-Health R-Phase, I-Phase, S-Phase, T-Phase, and 9S: Structure
- MovNat Level 1 and 2
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Endurance
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- USAW Level 1 Sports Performance Coach, Level 2 Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Agatsu Level 1 – Upper and Lower Body Mobility
- Agatsu – Indian Club and Mace
Greg Woods is a strength and movement-focused personal trainer and endurance coach, and co-owner of Legitimate Movement alongside Kevin Perrone. He believes all humans should be knowledgeable about and train in as many modalities as they possibly can, as evidenced by his many and varied certifications/certificates including: SFG, MovNat, Z-Health, CrossFit (with specialty courses in endurance and gymnastics), USAW, and NASM. Special interests include mobilization for heavy lifters, corrective exercise, neurological training, run form, and convincing people that they can do more than they thought possible. After 2000+ hours coaching CrossFit, Greg has been broadening his horizons with ever more kettlebell training, calisthenics, and natural movement — specifically focusing on these principles in his own personal training company started in 2015: Structure Strength and Conditioning. He also writes occasionally for StrongFirst.
In his spare time, Greg Woods writes fiction and loves to travel. He is based in Durham, NC.